SUMMIT, N.J., May 15, 2013 - HomeAgain® Pet Recovery Service was recently honored with the Seal of Approval by Petfinder, the largest online, searchable database of animals that need permanent homes. HomeAgain is one of only four companies to receive this distinction, which recognizes organizations with a strong commitment to making a positive impact on the welfare of animals.
In commemoration of the heroes' efforts, HomeAgain will make a $10,000 donation in the name of the HomeAgain Hero of the Year award winner, as well as donations in the name of each of the four finalists to Petfinder Foundation, Winn Feline Foundation, Assistance Dogs International or Morris Animal Foundation.
"Given the focus of our business, we feel it's important to recognize and honor individuals who make significant contributions to help ensure the welfare of animals," said Gary MacPhee, director and general manager of HomeAgain. "We are proud to establish an award that will spotlight the commitment, compassion and positive impact of those who have made the well-being of animals a priority, and look forward to sharing their stories and triumphs with others."
An esteemed panel of judges, ranging from a real-life hero to respected animal experts will choose the finalists who they feel best exemplify the qualities of the Hero of the Year. The judges are:
- Steve Dale, voice of Steve Dale's Pet World;
- Captain "Sully" Sullenberger, the pilot who successfully performed the emergency landing of US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River, and his wife Lorrie who is an avid animal lover and volunteer with 25 years dedicated to animal organizations;
- Dr. Jane Brunt, DVM, CATalyst Council Executive Director and American Association of Feline Practitioners past president;
- Brian Kilcommons, celebrity dog trainer and spokesperson for animal behavior; and
- Betsy Saul, founder of Petfinder.com.
HomeAgain Hero of the Year Award Details
- Nominations may be submitted online at HomeAgainHeroes.com between May 15, 2013, and July 31, 2013. All required nomination information and program details are available on the site.
- HomeAgain and its panel of judges will review all nomination submissions and identify five finalists, which will be featured on the website. The winner will be selected through public voting via the site.
- To submit a nomination, you must be 18 years or older. For all official rules, visit HomeAgainHeroes.com
The national HomeAgain Pet Recovery Service reunites more than 10,000 lost pets with their families each month and has brought more than one million lost pets home. HomeAgain is more than just a microchip. Once enrolled, a pet's microchip is registered in the HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database for its lifetime and members receive additional services such as Lost Pet Posters and Alerts, a 24/7 Pet Emergency Hotline and travel reimbursement of up to $500 for dogs or cats found more than 500 miles from home. HomeAgain memberships are renewable annually for a fee of $19.99. For more information, visit HomeAgain.com.
About Merck Animal Health
Today's Merck is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. Merck Animal Health, known as MSD Animal Health outside the United States and Canada, is the global animal health business unit of Merck. Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals™, Merck Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest range of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services. Merck Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals. It invests extensively in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. Merck Animal Health is present in more than 50 countries, while its products are available in some 150 markets. For more information, visit www.merck-animal-health.com.
# # #
201 843 5600
Merck Animal Health
2 Giralda Farms
Madison, NJ 07940